The following schedule is recommended by the de la Houssaye Animal Hospital for all new kittens. We may adjust this schedule according to the presentation of the kittens.
- Parasite check and/or deworming at 3 weeks of age.
- Parasite check, 1st DRTCA vaccination, deworming, feline leukemia/feline aids combination test, start heartworm prevention at 6 weeks of age.
- 2nd DRTCA vaccination, 1st feline leukemia vaccination if negative, possibly a deworming at 9 weeks of age.
- 3rd DRTCA vaccination, rabies, 2nd feline leukemia vaccination if negative at 12 weeks of age.
- 4th DRTCA vaccination, female spay or male neuter at 16 weeks of age.
The de la Houssaye Animal Hospital Recommends:
- Heartgard heartworm prevention for cats.
- Declawing if desired before 6 months of age.
- Yearly vaccination and health maintenance