Until recently, certain actions of your “older dog” were considered to be normal. It has been determined that some signs of “old age” in a dog is not normal but is really brought on by chemical and physical changes in the brain that can actually be treated with a medication called “Anipryl”. This in turn improves the quality of life for your pet and helps to make your dogs later years more enjoyable for all concerned.
Signs of CCDS may include:
- Aimless wandering
- Gets lost or stuck in areas of the house and can’t remember how to get out
- Difficulty finding the door
- Does not recognize familiar people or cues
- Less enthusiasm
- Seeks less attention
- Sleeps more during the day and less at night
- Barks for no apparent reason
- Housetraining is off
It must be remembered that other conditions resemble these signs as well. If your pet does suffer from CCDS, and Anipryl works for you, you will be happy with the results. If you have any questions or feel your pet suffers from CCDS, call the de la Houssaye Animal Hospital.