Reasons for Spaying & Neutering
- Prevention of unwanted litters.
- Prevention and/or reduction of uterine, ovarian, prostate and testicular diseases.
- Prevention and/or reduction of roaming, aggression, and undesired psychological behaviors.
- Prevention of litters with undesirable hereditary traits.
The de la Houssaye Animal Hospital Recommends:
- Spaying or neutering at 4 months of age or as soon as possible.
- These procedures are rather routine if the pet has not developed additional conditions prior to the surgery.
- These procedures are usually scheduled same day surgery and release.